Is Panama The New America



Panama fun facts.
1 - Panama has NO hurricanes
2 - Panama has a thriving Metropolitan city in Panama City
3 - Panama has secure banking institutions
4 - Panama has a climate for everyone, city, beaches, mountains
5 - Panama uses the US Dollar as its currency
6 - Panama is a short flight from many major cities in the USA
7 - Panama has many English speaking folks, Spanish is the main language
8 - Panama welcomes foreigners to live and work.

check it out -
Enter your email below to follow the Panama Man daily

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Let the Good Times Roll

Day 181 Saturday (Sabado) - Playa Coronado

Let the good times roll, I remember that song in my youth, sung by THE CARS. I love it when a plan comes together. The move to Panama was a plan in the making for many years and once executed it became obvious to us that WHY did we wait so long to make this happen. The kids were grown, the extended family is all in good health, we were still young and healthy, so let's do this and see what happens.

Many things keep us from executing plans that seem out of the norm from our daily grinds, and moving overseas would certainly fit that category. Imagine giving up everything you are familiar with and taking 4 suitcases and your beloved pet and move to some other location where you do not even speak the local language. Most people cringe at the thought of doing this, we however find it exciting and adventurous, plus as we have been living here we realized all we actually are doing are exercising the freedoms we were born with. As US citizens we were born with liberty and freedom to pursue happiness, I always thought it meant I had to do that in the US only, but heck there is a very big world out here with many warm and welcoming people to embrace you and help you.

Maybe I got the bug back in the early 80's when I was stationed in Japan at such a young age. My wife and I lived in Japan for 3 years before going back to the states. Many of you that know us, also know that we moved and lived in many different parts of the US, so Panama to us was just another stop along life's highway. The exception for us in Panama is it is always warm/hot in the areas we live down here, which we like. We tried Texas and Florida, both got cold in the winter, maybe for only a few short weeks, but cold nonetheless - NO THANKS.

So here we are, letting the good times roll, blogging about it everyday, and trying to figure out why more people are not doing it. If not Panama, then maybe somewhere else suits your fancy, but I think many of you are not so different from us and others like us that have picked up and moved out.

I am no different than my friends or family, I was a regular guy, doing my best to make it in life, and to make sure my kids had a great beginning to adult life, heck we were living the American Dream, I thought???

Anyways, life is too short, we all know this, so let's make the best of every day we have on this god given earth.

truly yours
The Panama Man

No comments: