Is Panama The New America



Panama fun facts.
1 - Panama has NO hurricanes
2 - Panama has a thriving Metropolitan city in Panama City
3 - Panama has secure banking institutions
4 - Panama has a climate for everyone, city, beaches, mountains
5 - Panama uses the US Dollar as its currency
6 - Panama is a short flight from many major cities in the USA
7 - Panama has many English speaking folks, Spanish is the main language
8 - Panama welcomes foreigners to live and work.

check it out -
Enter your email below to follow the Panama Man daily

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Cops and Robbers

Day 175 Sunday (Domingo) - Playa Coronado



OK, so I know what you are thinking, we got pulled over in the golf cart, how funny. Well actually the police just happen to park behind us when we were in the store and yes we took the golf cart to the store as we sometimes do. So have a good laugh...



On a more serious note, I have included a picture of my International Driving Permit. Why do I need one of these? Well, the law states that you can be here as a tourist for 180 days, BUT your valid drivers license from whatever country you are from is only good for 90 days, so how do you drive legally for the other 90 days? Well, if you are an American you get your International Drivers License as I did for $15.00 from any AAA office. AAA is the only authorized place to get an official International Permit.  It remains to be seen if the thing works but at least under the law somewhere, if I happen to get pulled over, I am just to show my active stateside license along with this International License and I should be OK.

A bigger issue besides the driving is Auto Insurance, supposedly, and again I do not want to find out, once your 90 days of official driving are up so is your insurance, even though you may have bought a full year of coverage. Sooooo with the International Driving Permit you should be legal for Insurance also, again I do not want to have an accident to find out but I believe a good lawyer and your proper Licenses you should win every time.  So those are the auto facts for today.

No comments: