Is Panama The New America



Panama fun facts.
1 - Panama has NO hurricanes
2 - Panama has a thriving Metropolitan city in Panama City
3 - Panama has secure banking institutions
4 - Panama has a climate for everyone, city, beaches, mountains
5 - Panama uses the US Dollar as its currency
6 - Panama is a short flight from many major cities in the USA
7 - Panama has many English speaking folks, Spanish is the main language
8 - Panama welcomes foreigners to live and work.

check it out -
Enter your email below to follow the Panama Man daily

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Beware the poisonous Mango

Day 206 Wednesday (Miercoles) - Playa Coronado

So we have been picking and eating Mangoes now for about 3 weeks. Mango trees are everywhere as it is their time to produce fruit. Well about 4 days ago I started to get a rash here and then there and then over here. It was not one big rash but one that would pop up on my hand, then my arm, etc.. etc..  Then 2 days ago I awoke and my eyes were swollen shut, low and behold I am allergic to the darn things.

The mucus fluid that spills out of them are in the poison sumac family and I have just discovered I am allergic so now I am battling this as I write - what fun. I guess that is what I get for trampling through the woods looking for food like a cave man :)))))

I will live of course and did go to the pharmacy to get some meds to kill the itch and reduce the swells, now it just needs to run its course and I need to stay away from Mangoes.

I can't wait for coconuts to grow again - good grief.

No comments: